Sunday, August 29, 2010

77. Go on a date with J once a month. (August 2010)

While in Boston last weekend for Mike and Julie's wedding (CONGRATS on ONE WEEK OF MARRIAGE!!!)  J and I spent a morning together exploring The Old State House.

I should also mention, J and I love history, true stories, and John Adams.  So I apologize in advance for the history nerdy-ness to follow :)

Built in 1712, it served as a market exchanged, meeting place, and an assembly location for elected officials.

The bottom floor houses a vast collection of artifacts from the events leading up and from the Revolutionary War.  One of the coolest parts of the museum was the "phone tour" - where you could call from your phone, and listen to an audio tour and as you moved through the exhibits. Very cool.

Afterwards, we went upstairs to the balcony where the Declaration of Independence was read on July 18th, 1776.
This was also the same balcony which overlooked the events in which the Boston Massacre transpired from.  The little circle inside the traffic triangle is the marker for the massacre.

Afterwards, we walked around Boston for a bit and then met back up with K and L to head back to NYC - what a way to end a perfect weekend in Boston!

No comments:

Post a Comment