Thursday, April 22, 2010

77. Go on a date with J once a month. (April 2010)

Last friday, J and I embarked on quite the adventure.  Let me explain.

I love Cirque du Soleil.  Everytime I am at Disney World with the fam, we pass by the La Nouba theatre in Downtown Disney.  I always wanted to go but the price range of tickets always presented a problem for me - mainly - going to the show would mean I would have no money afterwards.  sigh.

Enter J.

J is awesome at finding deals.  He falls into them.  He has incredible luck.  It's really quite ridiculous.  Good thing he's on my team.

Long story short, J found a ridiculous deal on tickets to the new "OVO" show here in NYC and bought two.  The cost - over 75% off. Sold.

The show was held under the Big Top on Randall's Island, which is a small island between Manhattan and Queens.

We took the Zephyr Ferry to the island.  Plush seats, check. Inside seating on a cold day, check.  We were happy campers.
Ready for some Cirque du Soleil!

After a very leisurely sail up the Hudson River, we disembarked and were greeted with this:
Welcome to the Big Top!

The show itself was amazing.  It is loosely based on insects and bugs.  With so many different costumes, acts, and characters it was easy to forget everything was taking place in a tent!  It was fantastic and the live band did an awesome job with the music.  One of my favorite acts were these little balancing ants: 
Awesome.

After the show we headed home on the Zephyr - full of popcorn and yummy soft pretzels.

My verdict:
It was totally worth the years I have waited (and a 75% off ticket dosen't hurt the checkbook either :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment