Today's yummy weekend meal came to me from the lovely Giada DeLaurentiis. First off, let me just say that I totally covet her casual, beachside home, with its simple decoration and serene decorations. But I watch her show for more than that reason friends - I love me some pasta and Giada always knows how to please.
I choose to make her Linguine with Shrimp and Lemon Oil recipe..
One of the reasons I decided to make this dish was the use of Lemon Oil - basically lemon zest + olive oil + time to absorb. It gave the oil such a fresh flavor and was something I never made before - flavored olive oil.
Overall - I would say this recipe was ok. I felt it was a bit too lemon-y and didn't really care for the arugula.
So it's safe to say, I won't be making this again - but without trying - I would have never learned of my love for flavored olive oil - which is a total success in my book. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment