1. I forget to document the process and halfway through dinner (which I am ravenously eating after arriving home starving after work) it dawns on me that I could have put it in the blog.
2. Sometimes, I'm just lazy.
But today I decided to be all domestic-y and make mini-pecan tarts for a work Thanksgiving party. (ok, technically it's a staff meeting too)
Recipe:
Mini-Pecan Tarts
Makes about 24
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon butter, softened
1 cup sifted flour
1 egg
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
dash salt
2/3 cup chopped pecans
Combine cheese and 1/2 cup butter.
J: "Anything that starts out with those two things involved has got to be good." I would also agree.
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon butter, softened
1 cup sifted flour
1 egg
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
dash salt
2/3 cup chopped pecans
Combine cheese and 1/2 cup butter.
Slowly add flour while mixing. Mix thoroughly and chill, covered, 1 hour. Preheat over to 325F. Divide into 24 small balls (at this point I lightly grease the tin for help later on) and press into sides and bottom of 2 ungreased minature muffin pans.
Combine egg, brown sugar, vanilla, salt & remaining 1 tablespoon butter; beat until smooth.
Sprinkle 1/3 cup pecans equally into 24 tart shells. Divide egg mixture equally among 24 tarts, pouring on top of pecans.
Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup pecans on top of tarts. Bake 20-25 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
so good.
After this was presented to me from bakery heaven (aka my oven)- I immediately scrounged around to find enough of each ingredient to make another batch just for J and I.
yumm-o.
No comments:
Post a Comment