Such was what was accomplished during out date day weekend. Lots of laying around, PSU football, big breakfasts, and decorating the apartment for the holidays. (Also - I am well aware that it is the weekend before Thanksgiving - but J will not be here for the next few weekends - and the fam is coming to visit. So I wanted it to be all New-York-City-Christmas-esque.)
So we started the day with yummy omelets. J is a the best breakfast maker.
omelet + turkey bacon = lots of ketchup
J is wondering if he can eat yet.
Complete with Linus's security blanket as a base.
And I loved all of it.
On Sunday - we had made reservations at Rare in the West Village. After sleeping in - we finally dragged ourselves out of the apartment around 12:30ish for lunch.
Now being the ridiculous person I am - I WOULD agree to a restaurant where 98% of the food items included red meat - my personal nemesis. But this is only because I had read some great reviews about their portobello burger...
Naturally, after being presented with this - I knew I was not going to be disappointed. Plus - we got the sampler basket of fries with dipping sauces.
Score.
I liked the sweet potato fries the best - and J was in heaven with his Bleeker Burger which had some kind of NY strip steak meat and lots of toppings.
Afterwards we walked around, did random errands, and stopped in to Starbucks to feed my addiction to their seasonal gingerbread latte.
Overall, a top-notch date day weekend. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment