Wednesday, November 18, 2009

77. Go on a date with J once a month. (October 09)


On October 28th - J and I went on our monthly date day. After work on Wednesday we went to the Olive Garden for unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks. Now this might not seem like a great time to some - so let me elaborate: 1. We had a gift card... = Free food, 2. I LOVE the salad, and 3. We had a window view overlooking Times Square. Sound better now? 

Afterwards we headed to Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center for a performance by the
Escher String Quartet.  



Quartet being 3, Violins, 1 cello, 100% percent amazing. All of the performers were so talented - and the music was fantastic. A few of the movements were 30-45 minutes long - yet after they were finished - I felt like only a few minutes had passed. Performances like this really makes me wish I wouldn't have given up the clarinet in 4th grade. sigh.


Regardless - it was a wonderful time.  I am truly blessed to be able to attend events like this - all in my big, smoggy, concrete jungle of a backyard...


...and I wouldn't change it for the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment