Wednesday, August 25, 2010

86. Go geocaching.

Over Memorial Day, J and I went to visit J's sister K, and her boyfriend L.

J and I had been looking forward to this visit because L has just purchased a handheld GPS for camping and geocaching!

In case you don't know what Geocaching is - it's basically an adult treasure hunt.  The GPS coordinates  are used to find various objects which includes a log of all those who have found the object before you.

On our first geocach-outing, we set out to find a nano-cache - a super small container.  We also brought along a cache object K and L had traded for during their last outing.
Take me out to the ballgame...with a baby baseball!

At first we headed in the wrong direction.  I blame clouds affecting the GPS. maybe.

Then we were in the right location - with a lot of searching to do.

I won't show you the location of the actual cache  - 
but it took us a while to find it - and it was in a place completely unexpected. 

oh, and I found it :)
We added our names to the list and returned the cache to it's secret location. 

The next day, we headed out to do some hiking and geocaching along the way.

We found another cache (L did!) complete with a pile of goodies.  L traded his baby baseball for something way more man-ly...

Miami Ink playing cards!

We had a great time laughing and having other people stare at us like we were nuts.  I can't wait to find more caches! 

No comments:

Post a Comment