Friday, August 13, 2010

71. Make 80 new recipes.

With the official start of summer - I decided to take on the challenge of making one of J's favorite foods - Tomato Bruschetta.

I always crack up because J HATES tomatoes yet gobbles up bruschetta like they are the last food on earth.

But I digress...

I couldn't find a recipe which I liked and which included all the foods I already had at home- so I modified a few. I used:

3 large tomatoes
1 cup chopped basil
1/2 a large onion
3 cloves minced garlic
4 tbs Olive Oil
1 1/2 tbs Balsamic Vinegar
8-9 1 inch thick pieces of French Baguette (toasted)
Salt and Pepper

I combined all the ingredients (minus the bread!) and let them set in a bowl for about 30 minutes to let their flavors meld. I topped the toasted pieces of bread with this - and we were ready to ring in summer. J gave it two thumbs up!

The only thing I would change is the amount of olive oil and balsamic vinegar - I used way too much of both.  I ended up having to staring the mixture out of the liquid at the end. no bueno.

No comments:

Post a Comment