Friday, July 2, 2010

77. Go on a date with J once a month. (June 2010)

Seriously - June flew by.  J and I escaped the New York City heat by heading to Canada for a few days - but I wouldn't count that as a "date".  We did however score tickets to the King Tut Exhibit in Times Square through Groupon - perfect for our June date day.
I would classify this a much more of a date - minus the whole eating-in-McDonald's-because-it's-the-only-place-without-a-5967838 person-wait-for-dinner thing :)

The exhibit was seriously awesome.  Like nerdy awesome. It was well put together with lots of fantastic artifacts and tons of information about them. 

It was more of this...
Less of this...darn.
For instance - when Tut was King the pyramids were ALREADY 1,000 years old.  Ridiculous, I know. 

Some of the artifacts, particularity the one's found in Tut's tomb were so well preserved it was hard to grasp that they were actually THOUSANDS of years old.  Seriously, if you have the chance to see this exhibit - do it - you will not be disappointed.  Now, if you excuse me, I need to go google Steve Martin's King Tut skit.

No comments:

Post a Comment