Tuesday, April 6, 2010

44. Plant a window-sill herb garden.

For Christmas last year, J bought me a few herb garden kits for our windowsill. When the spring came - I planted both dill and basil seeds. Surprisingly, they grew. like really grew. By June, I had two little 5-6 inch plants. I was amazed. I never thought anything would be able to grow on our apartment window sill.


They were growing great until we left for our vacation last year. While we were in Arizona, they were slowly wasting away. I tried to revive them once we got back with no luck. I mostly regret not using the herbs I grew when they were alive. I make a mean tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil salad. But alas...

 That was last year.

This year, I planted some left over seeds as well as some new ones.

In order by container:
Lavender, Oregano, and Thyme,
Marigolds,
Herb Mix,
Tomatoes,
Clovers,
and Joshua Trees
(a little souviner I pickup up last summer in AZ)

I planted them all in the leftover pots and soil from last year and added some water hoping for the best.

That was last Sunday.

After spritzing with water the past few days, I pleasantly found this when I came home from work yesterday.

Clover sprouts.
and thyme sprouts.
Now I just need to not drown them in water or have Layla discover them as new toys.
This could be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment