Saturday, April 24, 2010

38. Make a Newlywed Map.

I stumbled across this project a few weeks ago in my search for some DIY wedding ideas for our wedding next year. (yay!)  If you have never heard of a newlywed map - the idea is pretty basic.  Basically, it's a map mounted on foam board with tacks indicating the places you and your partner have traveled together.  Neat, right?

J and I chose to frame ours after completing it.  I used several Michael's coupons so this project only ended up costing us a little over $40.  Which is pretty good considering the map was ordered online.  (P.S. - National Geographic has a great selection of maps for this project.)
The materials!

After carefully applying spray adhesive and rolling the map over top, we used a rolling pin to help smooth out the edges.
When the glue was dry, we placed the tacks and then hung it right above over TV in the living room.  I really love maps as decorations. 

Below is a closer look of the map and the places J and I have traveled together.

All the islands from our January 2010 cruise!

Now we just need to work on getting some tacks on other continents! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment