For the record - I have not defected or deserted my hometown. My brother, B, will be upset with me for this picture and will never be able to understand my thought process. Yes, friends - I have decided that while living here in NYC, and not having cable provide me with Phillies games - I am going to root for the Mets and the Yankees. True, the Mets and Phils are rivals - but I am going to mediate tensions between them.
On the night J and I went - the Mets lost to the Braves 5-2 but it was great to be in the new Mets stadium, eating good stadium food ($4 COTTON CANDY - yummy!), and spending one of the last summer nights in the warm weather.
A few days after we went to the Mets game - J got tickets through work for a Yankees's game that coming Sunday - and what a game it was! We had great seats for the last game in the lineup against the Boston Red Sox. The Yankees ended up winning 4-2 - clinching the American League East title! I so love baseball. Good food, good drinks, the obnoxious sound clips to introduce every player - love. it.
A few days after we went to the Mets game - J got tickets through work for a Yankees's game that coming Sunday - and what a game it was! We had great seats for the last game in the lineup against the Boston Red Sox. The Yankees ended up winning 4-2 - clinching the American League East title! I so love baseball. Good food, good drinks, the obnoxious sound clips to introduce every player - love. it.
Even though it doesn't look like it - we were a little moist after spitting rain all day. Luckily, I had my trusty red poncho to wear. Or maybe I just wanted to represent the Phillies - that's a tough call.
i absolutely love blogs like this, it doesnt matter if i have ever met the person i just love seeing people with goals. i have a bucket list of sorts... a before i die thing, but i think i need to upgrade to a 101 in 1001 in one thing, instead of the 101 in 10001 haha... keep on keeping on... oh ps your pictures made me miss ny sooo much.
ReplyDelete