So J and I have been talking a long time about getting a new mattress. We currently have a full size in our apartment- which is great - except for the fact that I like to sleep right.next.to J. A full size is small for two - but my sleeping pattern trumps all other reasons for J, so much so, that he "doesn't sleep very well". (This has been confirmed as a fact - but I think it's also his way of convincing my frugal self to buy a new mattress.) Which makes me sad.
Anyway - low and behold Sleepy's has heard J's prayers and majorly delivered. Basically the conversation went something like this:
J: Hey - did you see Sleepy's is having a sale?
Me: Yes, we should go after work.
J: Ok.
later that day...
J: Hi sales lady - we would like a new mattress.
Saleslady: Ok this one sounds like it would fit your needs.
Me (channeling Goldilocks): firm, no. pillow, no. plush, yes please.
J: ok. we'll take this one.
I guess we are both pretty decisive and know what we want because the entire transaction was completed in 20 minutes. Then there was the task of acquiring new bed sheets. Target to the rescue! (God - I love that store, thanks again for creating it.)
So - here I am 1 day in and I already accomplished 1 task! (true, the bed doesn't come till the weekend - but monies have been exchanged...that's good enough for me.)
Now comes the move-all-the-stuff-you-have-been-hiding-under-the-bed-for-the-last-year task...and I think there is a large dust-bunny farm under there too, yikes.
I added this to my favorites so I expect so many updates and or things being crossed off
ReplyDelete