Today brought the oh-so-fun bi-annual teeth cleaning. After a delay on all mass transit used by Julia-I finally made it to my 8:00 am appointment at 8:02 am (complete with sweaty clothes from running down 5th and with oh-so frazzled hair).
Thus brought on the fun - cleaning, x-rays, the works. What I found interesting is that two seconds after I opened my mouth the dentist said- "How long have you been a tooth grinder?". To which I replied - "um, I grind my teeth?" and thus the story of how my stress level, migraines, and subtle pain in my teeth contribute to my new found weirdness of being a tooth grinder.
In all of this - I couldn't not help but think of the Sex and the City episode where Miranda's dentist pronounces her a tongue thruster. At least I only have to wear a tray at night - and not get braces like her. Bring on the dental dorkyness!
No comments:
Post a Comment