Wednesday, February 10, 2010

71. Make 80 new recipes.

Tonight's new recipe comes to us from Rachel Ray's 30 Minutes Meals. Love her or hate her - that woman makes a fine meal. Sometimes when I feel I am at my max level of "yum-o"s for the day, I watch her on mute. Regardless, I decided to try making her Mac and Cheddar Cheese with Chicken and Broccoli.
Chickens and onions cooking.
(Side Note: I love the smell of sauting onions. Yankee Candles should make THAT smell in wax form. I would burn that in my kitchen 24/7. no lie.)

Cooked mac, broccoli, onions, and chickens amxiously awaiting the cheese sauce.

Cheesy. Yum.

Overall - this was a great recipe. J gave it with a thumbs up to include it in our recipe binder.


I did learn two things:


1. Skim milk does not take the place of whole milk. When I make this again - I think I will only add 2 cups milk and 1 cup stock. Or maybe 3 cups milk. 4 cups made the sauce a bit runny.


2. I need to add bacon to this. No other reason than I love bacon and melty cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment