Monday, January 25, 2010

10. Take a walk on the beach and build a sandcastle.

This was completed on two different days of our vacation - alas that's a technicality. :)


While on vacation in St. Kitts we visted Cockelshell Bay, located on the southeastern peninsula of the island.  Not only was this beach quiet, sucluded, and off the beaten path (many dirt roads were utilized to get us here!) it also had gorgeous views of St. Kitts's sister island, Nevis.

J and I with Nevis in the distance.


While we were at Cockelshell Bay, J and I decided to built a Caribbean Sand Castle/Fort.


We started out with a moat and high walls to protect the castle from the pirates of the Caribbean.


We added turrets and an interior fort to protect the illustrious dribble castle.


After the fort was secure, it was adorned with local shells as doors and decorations.

Finally, a drawbridge was put in place for friendly visitors to Forte San Julia.

(As you can see from this picture,  I needed to apply just a little bit more 50 SPF.  
Alas, this did not happen and now I currently have peeling sunburn in 20 degree weather,
 and let me just say, it's a super weird feeling.)



A few days later in Sint Maarten, J and I strolled along Great Bay beach located in the capitol city of Phillipsburg on the Dutch side of the island.  The other side of the island, St. Martin, is a French terriroty.  

Our footprints on the white sand beach. 


The water at Great Bay beach was an incredible aqua blue, and we had spectacular views of Saba, the smallest island of the Netherland Antilles.

I love the Listerine water in the Caribbean.


No comments:

Post a Comment